Kozato Koen Park | Many Wild Birds Visiting The Pond
Kozato Koen Park in the residential area in the north part of Ichikawa city
and on the west bank of Oogashiwagawa River
was opened on the shores of the retention basins so many cherry trees
have been planted around the shores. There are two Kozato Koen Parks on
the both side of a street, they are called North and South Park. North
Park is little larger than the south one. In spring, many cherry trees
fully bloom around the pond. And many wild birds and waterfowls such as
swans, white herons and so on fly to the park and visitors could observe
these birds on the shores. Spring in Kozato Koen Park is specialy beautiful
since the visitors could enjoy seeing swans going on the pond surrounded
fully blooming cherry blossoms.
Why don't you visit Kozato Koen Park?
Kozato Koen Park in the residential area on the west of Oogashiwagawa River
has two ponds surrounded many cherry trees. And many waterfowls including
swans live in the ponds. In spring, millions of cherry blossoms beautifully
bloom around the ponds. Swans and waterfowls swim the ponds under the cherry
blossoms in the blue sky.
Kozato Koen Park
- Kozato Koen Park has great accessibilities from both Narita and Haneda International Airport.
- From Narita International Airport, take JR Sobu-express line, transfer the line at Nishi-funabashi to Musashino Line bound to Fuchuhoncho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. And also take Hokuso Line, transfer the line at Higashimatsudo to Musashino Lline, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes minimally 50 minutes from Narita Airport.
- From Haneda International Airport, take Keikyu-line bound to Narita, transfer the line at Takasago Sta to Hokuso Line, and transfer the line at Higashi Matsudo Sta to Musashino Line, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes almost 1 hour from Haneda Airport.
- From Tokyo Sta, take Musashino Line bound to Fuchuhoncho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta. It takes about 28 minutes from Tokyo Sta.
- From Akihabara Sta, take Sobu line bound to Chiba, Tsudanuma or Nishi Funabashi, Ttransfer the line at Nishi Funabashi to Musashino Line bound to Fuchu Honcho or Higashi Tokorozawa, get off Ichikawa Ono Sta.
- Take 15 minute walk from Ichikawa Ono Sta.
- 2-6 Minamiono, Ichikawa-shi, Chiba-ken
The Landmarks along Oogashiwagawa River
In spring, over 3 kilometers long lined cherry trees along it bloom and
decorate brightly the river.
Some wild birds and plants live in this water park.
Kozato Koen Park
Many wild birds and waterfowls fly to the ponds surrounded by many cherry
trees in the park. Spring is the best season.
There are many pear gardens in Oono and Omachi. And also many legends connecting to Masakado Taira and Nichiren remain there.
The sacred temple covered with holy cherry trees is famous for the legend of Seven Sutra Mound and Shichifukujin in Ichikawa.
The first nunnery of Nichiren Sect built by the Princess Tokiwai, the legend said ther daughter of the Emperor drifted to Ichikawa.
Mamagawa River is a famous spot to enjoy seeing cherry Blossoms.
Gyotoku has many historical landmarks related to Edo and has Niihama Yacho